The mission of the Association of Applied and Clinical Sociology is to:
- Provide a common meeting ground for individuals interested in the application of sociological knowledge.
- Promote the application of sociological knowledge for beneficial social change through scholarly, educational, programmatic, community, and policy activities.
- Enhance the understanding of the interrelationship between sociological knowledge and sociological practice.
- Advance theory, research, methods, and training that promote the use of sociological knowledge for beneficial social change.
- Promote the use of applied and clinical sociology in local, regional, state, national, and international settings.