Student Paper Competition
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student who wants to have the opportunity to have your paper relating to applied, clinical, or public sociology that you are presenting at the AACS annual conference recognized for its merit? If so, you should consider submitting your work to the 2020 Student Paper Competition that will be held at our annual conference, scheduled from October 8-10 in Atlanta, Georgia!
Please note the following deadlines:
- The paper presentation submission deadline is June 1, 2020. The general conference submission form is HERE!
- The student Paper Competition application is due July 1, 2020. Find the application HERE!
We welcome submissions that meet the following guidelines:
- Papers must contain original work or reflect a significantly revised version of a previously submitted paper;
- Papers may be single-authored or co-authored with others;
- Authors may submit only one paper; and,
- Papers/working drafts should be 10-30 pages in length (including bibliography and relevant tables/graphics), double spaced, and present a thoughtful discussion of the topic at hand.
- Papers should specifically be related to applied, clinical, or public sociology.
Judges will be looking for criteria such as: creativity, clarity of issue, inclusion of sociological concepts/theory, applied nature/techniques, social significance, and contribution to knowledge.
The authors of accepted papers will have the opportunity to present their work at our Student Paper Competition session. Presentations will be allotted 15 minute segments. It is recommended, although not required, to present papers via a PowerPoint or similar digital method.
For further information, please contact our Student Committee Coordinator, Fanni Farago, at: email@example.com.