The Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS) is a resource promoting integrative approaches and systems perspectives for analyzing complex problems and developing creative, practical solutions.
The Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS) promotes applying social scientific knowledge and methods to develop constructive solutions. We provide educational, programmatic, mentoring, networking, and policy resources in a supportive professional community.
The major purposes of the Association shall be:
- To provide a common meeting ground for individuals interested in the application of sociological knowledge.
- To promote the application of sociological knowledge for beneficial social change through scholarly, educational, programmatic, community, and policy activities.
- To enhance the understanding of the interrelationship between sociological knowledge and sociological practice.
- To advance theory, research, methods, and training for advancing the use of sociological knowledge for beneficial social change.
- To promote the use of applied and clinical sociology in local, regional, state, national, and international settings.
Access the complete Bylaws HERE!
Code of Ethics
We, the members of the Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology, as sociological practitioners, applied, clinical, and engaged public sociologists are committed to increasing the knowledge of social behavior and to using this knowledge to promote human welfare and to address issues of social importance. While pursuing these endeavors, we make every effort to
protect the welfare of any individual, group, or organization we study or assist. We use our skills only for purposes consistent with these values and do not knowingly permit their misuse by others. While demanding for ourselves freedom of inquiry and communication, sociological
practitioners accept the responsibility this freedom requires: competence, objectivity in the application of skills and concern for the best interests of clients, colleagues, and society in general.
Click HERE to access AACS Code of Ethics