AACS is proud to present a series of virtual Professional Development Webinar in 2020
- Publishing Opportunities for Applied Research: July 9th, 2020 (4pm EST). Practitioners and academicians alike will benefit from this panel discussion with chief editors of four peer-reviewed journals that publish applied research. Aside from providing a description of the types of articles appropriate for each journal, editors will share tips on how to move your research from execution to published work. To learn more and view the recorded zoom session click HERE!
- Crafting Your Sociological Brand: August 6, 2020 (12pm EST). This workshop will guide participants on how to craft a sociological brand. Participants will learn a variety of social media branding strategies that can be used, as well as approaches to individual and professional branding. The workshop also will discuss how to turn academic papers into broader-based content for different audiences. Finally, we will explore how to create your own personal brand as a sociologist, using the passion for your sociological imagination into a value proposition and key differentiator to different audiences. To learn more and watch the members only video, click HERE!
- AACS Certification: Preparation, Process and Practice: August 17, 2020 (2pm EST). This professional development workshop is designed to help prepare attendees and potential certification applicants for the certification process to help ensure success. It is designed for students and professionals alike, offering practical guidance. Topics include, but are not limited to an explanation why certification is important in professional practice, curriculum vitae development, writing your portfolio, procedural guidelines, the certification demonstration, and the process from start to finish. Find more information HERE!
- Nuts and Bolts of Starting and Maintaining an Applied Business: This webinar will cover the basic decisions, approaches, and nuances of starting and surviving with your own business. While every endeavor is unique, this webinar will prepare you to understand what issues you need to consider in starting and maintaining a business and the effect of the decisions you make. Find more information HERE!
- Program Evaluation 101: Effective evaluation is critical to improving private and public programs and is increasingly demanded by program stakeholders, including funders. Social science concepts and methods are an excellent basis for program evaluation. This webinar will provide participants with basic knowledge, skills, and practices they can use to conduct their own evaluations for program improvement and advocacy. Find more information HERE!