Student Presider Program
What is it?
A GREAT experience for any student who desires to attend the conference. Student presiders will be in charge of assigned conference rooms and tasked with the following duties:
- Keeping track of session attendance through a sign-up sheet;
- Announcing the presenters;
- Timing the presenters to ensure all papers have an equal amount of time during the session;
- Facilitating a Q&A session following the presentations; and,
- Facilitating the use of the computer, projector, and other technology in the room, including assisting with resolving technical difficulties.
What are the benefits of serving as a Session Presider?
Among the many benefits of this student engagement initiative are:
- Students will be listed in program as presiders – this is a wonderful resume builder.
- Students will gain valuable professional development through conference participation.
- Students will receive subsidized conference rates as follows, depending on the number of conference blocks that the student will cover. More information about the reduced rates is forthcoming.
How do I become a Session Presider? Click HERE!